How to spot fake Vivienne Westwood jewellery online
Dame Vivienne Westwood, is fashion phenomenon who is largely responsible for bringing modern punk and nu-wave fashions into the mainstream. Her edgy yet classic style is what makes her jewellery so unique, combining high fashion with traditional appeal. Since she opened her London boutique in the 1970’s, Vivienne Westwood has thrived and is a fashion favourite in the cat-walks and high-end fashion magazines.
Silver Tree Jewellery are concerned about the number of fake Vivienne Westwood pieces that are currently being sold online. Here are 5 helpful tips to help you distinguish the genuine Vivienne Westwood jewellery from the fake.
1. The quality of the jewellery is identifiable in the pictures. Here are two pictures of the Crystal Teddy Pendant. The first is by viviennewestwoodonlinesale.org and is clearly fake by the craftspersons lack of detail and accuracy. The fake crystals also look uneven and the gold colour is too yellow.
The second image is by silvertreejewellery.co.uk an online boutique stocking genuine Vivienne Westwood jewellery. This product has been crafted with genuine materials. The teddy shape looks symmetrical and the teddy has gold colour embellishments on the paws and ears.
Fake 'Crystal Teddy' Genuine 'Crystal Teddy'
2. Make sure the address you are shopping at is an established jewellery shop. Vivienne Westwood jewellery is stocked by genuine independent retailers offering great customer service as they are established businesses. Look out for the use of Vivienne Westwood's name with a twist in web address' usually with the word sale e.g. http://www.onlineviviennewestwoodsale.org/ or http://www.vivienneonlinesale.co.uk.
3. As Vivienne Westwood is an Iconic British Designer there would be no reason for any new jewellery collection to be in a sale. Take the Crystal Teddy Pendant for S/S 2015 in Tip 1: the fake one from http://www.vivienneonlinesale.co.uk is in the sale at £70 this Crystal Teddy has an RRP of £190. Vivienne Westwood as a company do not have a sale on any of their newest jewellery collections. If you buy a past collection item in the sale from a reputable online jewellery boutique make sure that they still have a returns policy.
4. The quality of the pictures taken are usually not as good as the retailers offering the genuine products. A genuine piece of Vivienne Westwood jewellery would be photographed professionally.
The first image here has been shot on a black background to make the fake piece of jewellery stand out. It also disguises the fact that the photograph will have been poorly photographed with little editing Most genuine jewellery products are photographed on a white background with care and attention to detail been taken like the second image. The photographer of the second image has taken into account, light, position, size and colour.
5. Make sure that the website has an FAQ page to answer any questions of returning the item. This should be a page that is straight forward and easy to find. If you are unsure at any time contact the seller first; there should be contact information on their website.
Silver Tree Jewellery's returns information: Can I return my item for a refund? Yes! If you are unhappy with your item for any reason (wrong size etc) we are able to offer you a full refund provided the item is returned to us within 14 days and provided it is returned in it's original condition.